- I woke up with the same headache I'd had for 24 hours (& continue to have, FYI). It couldn't hurt worse if someone were punching me directly in the forehead every 20 minutes or so.
- The heating pipe in my bathroom is SO HOT that the condensation it creates on my ceiling literally turns my bathroom into a rainforest. I can't go in there to brush my teeth without an umbrella.
- WMATA gave me some waaaay incorrect info that I didn't bother to corroborate, so I took the Metro all the way out to Braddock Road in VA when all I needed to do was hope on over to Mt. Vernon -- I went literally half an hour out of my way as a result of my own poor directional skills.
- I spent 3.5 hours at the ticket pickup area for my bosses' inauguration tickets only to discover that no tickets were, in fact, available for me to pick up. Everything about this 3.5-hour period was, as you can imagine, fairly absurd.
- The girl in line in front of at Firehook me bought the last of the butternut squash soup, which was supposed to be my morning-redeeming lunch. Unfortunately, my debit card botched the register system as I tried to purchase tuna salad, so I waited 15 minutes while the manager tried to sort it out.
- My boss asked me to try again to get his tickets on Sunday. Please refer to earlier post when I said I planned to lock myself in my apartment this weekend to avoid A) all tourists and B) all public transportation. Clearly this is not happening.
- The Firehook by my apartment was also out of butternut squash soup, which was supposed to be my day-redeeming dinner.
- I came home to discover that I'd left the window open all day after I'd originally opened it to fix my morning condensation problem. Ahhh, my bad day comes full circle. It's now approximately 25 degrees in my living space.
Friday, January 16, 2009
If today had gone any worse, I'd be writing the sequel to my favorite book of all time, "Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." Nothing major happened, but it was one of those days where every little bad occurrence made me say "WTF?" and the sum of them all was one really sheisty Friday.
Australia the District. Excuse me while I go drink this case of Yuengling alone.
By Suburban Sweetheart at 6:35 PM