If you're not sure where to begin, try any of these:
- 50 Things I've Done
- Testing the Strong Ones
- You Can Do It, Put Your Back (Brace) Into It
- You Can Always Go Home Again: My LeBron Moment
- Odd Girl Out: On Being Weird & Sad in College
- Home Sweet Coffeeshops: On the Weird & Wonderful World of Becoming a Regular
- Under the Weight of Living
- Sorry I'm Not Sorry: A List of Things I've Apologized for This Week
- Where I'm From: A Tribute to the Buckeye State
- Near-Life Experience
I'm a thirtysomething Ohioan, born & raised, but I've lived in nine places in 10 years. I'm currently - finally! - living in Cleveland, OH, which really does rock. I live in the Tremont neighborhood with my fiancé, Mike, our cat, Helo, & an ivy-covered back deck that brings me deep happiness. Before this, I spent four nonconsecutive years in Washington, D.C.; in between, I lived in Red Bank, N.J., where most people didn't actually sound like Snooki, & Portsmouth, N.H., where most people did actually sound like characters from The Departed.
I have a degree in magazine journalism & a background in public policy, communications, & social media. Currently working as a community manager for a large non-profit, I'm also a sometimes-freelancer & hopeful future author. I occasionally write for the Washington Post's Soloish, xoJane, and Medium, & one of my essays was published in an anthology of Jewish millennials.