It's been awhile since I've done one of these, but what better way to kick off the new year on this blog? Here are a few of the items I've been loving lately.
- liveGfree Gluten Free Sea Salt Multiseed Crackers: I'm so obsessed with these that it's probably becoming problematic for my health because I can't stop
eating them. I finally had to just stop buying them altogether, because
I was easily snarfing a bag a day. They're salty & super-crunchy
& perfect with blue cheese or crumbled in chili.
- Chicory Farm Healing Salve in Orange Cinnamon:
I bought this as a gift for myself while shopping for holiday gifts at
Cleveland's Last-Minute Market, & I'm now fully in love with it. It
feels a little greasy going on, but in sinks in quickly & makes my
alligator hands so smooth. And that scent? Divine.
- Blake Pierce novels:
Let me be clear: These books are not super good. In fact, they're kind
of bad. But just as people fall for trashy romance novels & soap
operas, so have I fallen for Blake Pierce's crime stories. I just
finished one series & am eager to move on to his next.
- Le Pen Drawing Set: A friend
bought these for me as a Hanukkah gift, & I may never go back. I'm
using the black one for all my thank-you notes & the pink one to
highlight passages I like in books. They write so smoothly & don't
bleed through the paper.
- stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner: I've finally found it, the eyeliner to replace my holy grail. As my beloved Urban Decay formula goes the way of the dodo, I've jumped loyalty & become a Stila fan, per recommendations from friends. While I wouldn't say this formula stays all day, it's the closest I've found so far.
- Fitbit Alta™ in Black & Gold: This was a totally frivolous & unnecessary purchase, given that I had a perfectly good FitBit Flex, but what can I say? I splurged on Black Friday & bought this upgraded version, which has gold sides so that it doesn't look quite so darn athletic on my wrist when I'm lookin' all fancy. I also like that it tells time because I'm terrible at remembering to wear a real watch.
- Nike Flex Run 2016 Women's Running Shoes: I originally saw these shoes on one of my favorite blogs, Franish, & snapped them up almost immediately. I'm not much of a sneakers gal, but these are incredibly comfortable and look super chic. If they ever get worn out, I'm buying the same exact pair forever.
- Duolingo: I probably should've started learning Spanish before I visited Peru, but better late than never, right? I now practice for at least 10 minutes a day on my Duolingo app, which reminds me when I'm slacking & rewards me when I'm excelling. I am currently 6% fluent, which is... you know, not fluent at all, but I'm working on it!
- LipSense: I'm definitively not
a fan of MLMs, but when one of Mike's coworkers started selling this
product, I fell for it... & I'm glad I did. I'm notoriously messy,
which means lipstick always ends up halfway across my face or, at the
very least, all over my beer can. But this stuff does not come off. It's pretty unbelievable.
- LaCroix Cúrate in Muré Pepino: I was way late to the LaCroix-loving bandwagon, mostly because I don't usually like sparkling water. When I tried this flavor, though - I don't know why they don't just call it what it is, which is blackberry-cucumber - I was hooked. I've been trying to drink these instead of going for more coffee in the morning or more beer at night. Basic bitch status achieved.