It's been awhile since I've done one of these, eh? I thought I didn't have enough new obsessions to pull together a list, & yet, here I am, obsessing aloud in list form. Here's a quick look at what I'm into these days:
- Pretty By Post: If there's one thing I love, it's sending snail
mail to friends & family - & if there's another thing I love,
it's subscription boxes. What's more perfect for me, then, than a monthly subscription service that sends half a dozen handmade greeting cards? And curated by a fellow Ohioan, no less!
- Starbucks Iced Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato: I hate ordering this because it's just so many words,
& I can't help but feel douchey about it. Still, this is one of the
most delicious drinks Starbucks has ever come out with, in my humble,
- Bachelor in Paradise: Should I be embarrassed about this? I'm embarrassed about this. I don't even like The Bachelor that
much, so I have no idea why its epically trashy spinoff holds such
appeal for me - & yet here I am, tuning in twice a week. I think
there's some strange allure for committed women who don't necessarily
miss their single days but who enjoy living vicariously through someone
- Old Navy Metallic Pointy Flats in Light Gold Rush: I snagged these great flats on sale & can't wait to wear them with everything this fall. I would wear them to bed if I could.
- LuLaRoe: I held out against yet another Internet business selling something that didn't appeal to me... until a friend sent me a free pair of leggings to try. Now, I never want to wear anything else, & I am trying my damndest to guard my wallet from repeated shopping sprees.
- ShineText.com: I signed up for these daily inspirational text messages
after reading about them on another blog. Sure, I could just, like,
look up my own damn inspiration every day, but who has time for that?
Now I just wake up to it every day.
- Homemade smoothies: I'm back on the smoothie train with my favorite recipe: two handfuls of baby spinach, a banana, a red apple, some almond milk, & a scoop or two of organic peanut butter, blended in my little bullet blender. I'm never healthier than when I'm on the smoothie train.
- Pokémon Go: I've already confessed to this on the blog, & already, the enthusiasm is winding down - can I can an update, Niantic?! - but my love for this app persists. I caught a bunch of new Pokémon while in NYC, including a Pikachu! I just hit level 22 & am desperate to keep on keepin' on.
- Urban Decay lipstick: I snagged a $25 lip color for $9.99 from
Nordstrom Rack, which sort of numbed the pain of not finding a dress
too wear to an upcoming wedding. It's shiny, not matte like I'm used to,
but I kinda like that, & it stays on alllll day.
- Franco Sarto Delancey Crossbody: I rotate between two purses - a tiny one & a Longchamp - so I'm not usually on the lookout for anything new. But I scored this beauty for just $20 on sale at Marshall's before my NYC trip, & it turned out to be the perfect size for travel. It's also a great pop of color for someone who's prone to neutrals.