That was, of course, all it took to entice me to watch.
In addition to Sammi's astute observations, I have a lot of thoughts about this video:
- Does this young musician know when Thanksgiving is? At the beginning of the video, she crosses November 28th off the calendar; this year, Thanksgiving is November 22nd.* And yes, the video was uploaded this year.
- "Fat Usher," as one kind YouTube commenter (aptly) dubs him, sings, "April was Easter & the Fourth of July." This is another critical calendrical error. Probably a bigger one.
- Fat Usher makes the creepiest appearance of all time, by popping up from the bottom of the screen during what appears to be a Thanksgiving dinner hosted entirely by tweens.
- I think this is stuffing's first appearance in a music video, ever.
- Nicole Westbrook is far too young to Dance Until Dawn.
- Mashed potatoes, AY!